Bidr. Känn. Finl. Nat. Folk 32: xviii, 246. 1879.
Principle characteristics of the genus Lentinellus:
- Stipe eccentric, lateral, or absent
- Gills decurrent with a serrate margin
- Spore print white
- Spores amyloid and finely warted to spiny
Keys and descriptions of the genus Lentinellus:
- Trial field key to species of Lentinellus and Neolentinus in the Pacific Northwest
- Petersen, Ronald H. & Hughes, Karen W. (2004). A preliminary monograph of Lentinellus (Russulales). J. Cramer: Berlin, Germany. 270p.
Lentinellus species known to occur in California: