Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist., Ser. 5 12: 370. 1883.
Principle characteristics of the genus Laccaria:
- Pileus hygrophanous
- Lamellae adnate to decurrent, thick, waxy, brownish pink, lilac, or purplish
- Spore print white to pale violaceous
- Spores globose to sub-ellipsoid, echinate to echinulate
Keys and descriptions of the genus Laccaria:
- Mueller, G.M. (1992). Systematics of Laccaria (Agaricales) in the Continental United States and Canada, with Discussions on Extralimital Taxa and Descriptions of Extant Taxa. Field Museum of Natural History: Chicago, IL.
- Gregory M. Mueller: The Mushroom Genus Laccaria in North America
- MushroomExpert.com: The Genus Laccaria
Laccaria species known to occur in California: